fuse board cover

If you have to modify anything to make it fit then I'd expect Electrium to laugh at you as they hang the phone up.

Sponsored Links
So if I put brake pads from one of these:

Nano.jpg

into one of these:

800px-Land_Rover_Ranger_Rover.jpg

and there's an issue, do you think Tata would say I shouldn't have done it, as they also own Land Rover?

It was more of a question for the OP to think about.

Bas, once you get those brakes fitted gimme a heads up to stay away from london.

i thought this was a serious forum
theres no need for insults

Sponsored Links
It's an Internet forum so you need to take the rough with the smooth.

Some days its serious, some days its nuts and some days its just plain vindictive.

i thought this was a serious forum
theres no need for insults
Insults?

JohnD called you a troll, but if that's not true then it was a mistake on his part - it's clear that he did not mean it as an insult, because of this:

It means you are describing acts of such incompetence that I cannot believe you are serious.

And the judgement of incompetence is perfectly reasonable, because you have fitted an old broken CU, not supplied by you, which has been modified from the original maker's specification and design.

However, you can show that his judgement was wrong, and that his accusation was groundless, by clarifying the status of this CU.

1) Did you check what the MI say about bits being missing?

2) Did you do a proper test of the IP rating of the CU without the cover in place?

3) Did you exercise reasonable skill and care in determining that to the best of your knowledge and belief that modified CU did still comply with BS EN 60439-3/A1?

If you can provide good answers to those then I'm sure retractions and apologies will be forthcoming.

If you cannot, or if you just ignore them, then the judgement of incompetence is going to stand, and if you issued an EIC then one of you being a fraudster will be added.

Over to you.

it is the plastic mcbcover that flaps down and as i understand it i this cover is not needed to pass an eic as everything is in place to comply with safety & health

Total rot.

If the consumer unit has a fuse or MCB cover missing, this contravenes regulations. How can everything be in place "to comply with safety and health" (whatever that is) if a part that was supplied with the unit originally is missing???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back