Fused Control Unit Spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I take a spur from an existing FCU, to an additional FCU to run another appliance, in this case a Waste Disposal Unit ?

Sponsored Links
You will need to confirm whether or not the existing FCU in on the ring final or if it is a spur itself. If it is not a spur then yes, take a spur from the supply side of the FCU. If the existing FCU is a spur itself then no. However if you tell us what the existing spur is suppling, fuse rating, appliance rating and rating of waste disposal unit it may be possible to wire it in a different configuration to that explained above. More info req.

I presume the waste disposal is in the kitchen so it will be notifiable work (special location).

PS I am not an electrician so wait for further replies before doing anything! Method of safe isolation, 17ed regs, RCD's etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back