Fused Socket for Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening everyone.

Yesterday I had my boiler repaired and serviced and the chap recommended that the electrical socket should be fused, unfortunately I forgot to ask him what rating it should be...can anyone help ?

It's a Baxi Solo conventional boiler.

Sponsored Links
If you check the manufactures instructiojns you will find that it is 5 amp, but 3 will do. Nobody likes a smart arse.

Sponsored Links
gasman said:
If you check the manufactures instructiojns you will find that it is 5 amp, but 3 will do. Nobody likes a smart a**e.

do your acs it's 3 mu**et and ditto

briplu and myself might not agree all the time BUT

kevplumb said:
gasman said:
If you check the manufactures instructions you will find that it is 5 amp, but 3 will do. Nobody likes a smart a**e.

do your acs it's 3 mu**et and ditto

briplu and myself might not agree all the time BUT

Essential gas safety and the Gas safety installation and use Regulations say that manufacturers instructions are the over-riding factor in all installations.

Baxi manual says 5amp

violent-smiley-028.gif
:oops: :oops: :oops: i stand corrected

I normally fit a nail in the fuse holder, thats normally big enough to cope with any load required, of course this is since part p came in as for some reason after over 34 years on the 1st of Jan I "suddenly" forgot how to know what I was doing :evil:

why 5 amp just looked at my baxi manual and yes it does say that a 5 amp fuse should be fitted but it also says in the technical blurb that the electrical power consumption of the boiler is 155W thats only 0.7 amps.
whats going on here I have always fitted a 3amp to a boiler.

Oh dear, looks like I am not the only one with "sudden" competency loss, Baxi need to recall ALL it's installation manuals and reprint them, that'll cost em a fair bit, still, they can recoup by charging for new pcb's on just out of gaurantee boilers just like glowworm.

if PhilCCFC has a zone valve in his circuit, I bet the M.I.'s say 3amp for that.

oh no.......conflict........does not compute, ......installer melt down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back