Fx20s Boiler Gemminox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a FX20S Gemminox oil boiler in my house in france.The kw is rated 22kw .Am i right in thinking that in europe the kw is measured in net amount not gross?

So to get the correct btu's i would times 22kw by 3.412 and then by 1.11

Thanks.Tony

Sponsored Links
What are you going to do with the btus? The ones that are any use are the net ones as are the kilowatts. Gross btus are the input in fuel, net are the output, (gross less the heat lost to water vapour in the flue gases.

Thanks for your email im trying to workout the number of rads i can use for this boiler ?

I was told by a british gas engineer that i needed to change the 22kw in french as this was the net amount to the gross amount to get the total number of btu's so i could then calculate for the rads

Thank Tony....

I think you still need the net value, which corresponds to the actual available heat output of the boiler, i.e. what can heat your house up. So multiplying by 3412, you've got about 75000 BTUs available.

Sponsored Links
You will need 28mm pipes to get at all the heat, 22mm will only pass about 13.5kW. From a practical point of view, you can put as many radiators on as you like. You are unlikely to want them all on at once, so its just a heat distribution system. Boilers are usually a silly size, as they run best when the heat load equals the output. If it is sized to keep the house at a specified temperature on the coldest days of the year, it will run at part load for most of the year. Don't worry too much about theeoretical calculations; in a house you need to be pragmatic.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

If the boiler needs replacing can you recommend an oil boiler that can cope with about 8 rads ,one sink,one washing machine,one bath,three showers,and three hand basins.

Im looking for a combi type?

Thanks Tony.....

Im looking for a combi type?

An excellent choice, I know it's in France, but the guys over there need plenty of service work as we do in Britain. Then there's the time you need to read your magazines while the bath fills. Always useful otherwise there's never enough time for things like that.

And why would the boiler need replacing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back