Gainsborough 10.5KW PRD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the warm summer, the element obvioulsy does need to work as hard, which means that you can have a higher water flow to the shower head.

In the last month the PRD has gone about 5 times, the latest this evening. I cant comment on the design, but I do question if this a money making scheme for Gainsborough. The shower has worked flawlessly all through the winter where the flow of water to the head is less.

I don't believe the installation is flawed in any way.
There are no blockages and the shower head is brand new.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
turn the power setting to half way - the knob with only about 3 settings - there will be a minimum heat setting, where the electric element operates at half-mast. This will allow you have less pressure, thus not allowing the PRD to operate. This feature is actually made for the summer months, to even out the shower's performance over the year, but obviously people prefer the higher pressure when they can get it so dont bother using the low pressure option :LOL:

Otherwise, do you have the shower head on a setting that might restrict water flow? Many have a "pulse" setting that creates a high pressure spray, which inherently limits the water coming out, creating backpressure. Have the head on the setting that appears to least interfere with the easy flow of the water.

I've just fitted a Gainsborough shower. When I tested it with just the hose on it was fine. Then I fitted the shower head and water was running down the wall. Is this the PRD? How do you reset it?

GCT said:
I've just fitted a Gainsborough shower. When I tested it with just the hose on it was fine. Then I fitted the shower head and water was running down the wall. Is this the PRD? How do you reset it?

Doubt it.

Did you fit the little black rubber washers to each end of the hose?

Also see forum rule 20

Sponsored Links
the answer is simple, don't fit a Gainbdorough Shower (mira are getting just as bad recently)

I generally bum steer Gainsborough showers as they are nothing but hassle.

I've got a rather overexuberant PRD on a Gainsborough, too. A fellow earlier asked how to reset it, but got no response - anyone know how to do this?

The manual suggests that I call customer services, but it's after 17:00. Ho hum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back