Gainsborough 9.3 Electric Shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a gainsborough 9.3 electric shower, the problem i have is that when you turn the shower on and turn the control for hot water the red light on the ceiling were the pull cord is go out and the water is cold,when i reduce the temperature the light comes on but water is still cold.
the shower is about 5 years old .
thanks dave.

Sponsored Links
We can assume this problem has just occurred?
As bas has questioned, first place to look is at the pull cord connection, they may have come loose.
But isolate the circuit before removing any covers!

Sponsored Links
As others have suggested. when the current increases the electrical connection fails.

This is almost always because of a loose/bad connection. The switch is one place to look, but any joint in the circuit could cause this.

Chweck the switch first, then the connections in the consumer unit and also the connections inside the shower itself. Turn the power off at the MAIN SWITCH before doing any of these checks.

There may, of course, be a hidden connection point somewhere, but check the obvious first.

You need to look for insulation that is melted. To fix it, you may need to replace the switch or whatever, and also to cut back the conductor to bright copper otherwise you won't get a good connection. And make it good and tight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back