Galaxy 16 Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening,
Our alarm system was activated last night for no apparent reason, I rushed out of bed and in my drowsy state entered the code which silenced the alarm. However on then moving around the house the key panel was bleeping as each detector sensed my presence (walk test type of scenario) I tried various combinations of code and engineer resets plus * and # to no avail - the situation just got worse to the stage were the alarm was sounding again - silenced it out then got locked out of the keypad with the internal alarm sounding. Now the keypad shows a row of ********* and does not respond to codes - it is illuminated but he LED is extinguished - I have opened the panel and replaced one of the fuses but no change. Any advice before calling out an engineer, also if I was to replace the system could the same sensors but used with a new contrel panel?

Sponsored Links
A line of *********s on the RKP
= No Communication on A B Line,
possibly faulty PCB or lack of resistor.

Sponsored Links
Yea, I know.

Just wanted to point out that it costs nothing to reply, saying if you have been helped, or not, your answer helps others searching, if they ever do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back