Galaxy Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - I would appreciate some help.

I have a Galaxy alarm in my home that is showing some alerts. I have the manuals, the user, manager and engineer access codes but do not understand how to clear the outstanding alerts that were caused by my daughter inadvertently switching off the circuit breaker to the alarm.

The alarm is currently in Engineer Mode. I can get to the point where I see the alert displayed, but how do I actually clear the alert so that, when I exit Engineer Mode, it will revert to user mode?

Many thanks........Neil

Sponsored Links
hi mate;

enter the engineer code,
plress ESC button
panel shows `CHECKING FOR TAMPERS`
system will then either show, TAMPER XXXX (circuit number etc)
if it shows MODULES WAS 2 (or as many as needed) NOW 2
or PRESS ESC TO CONTINUE

well if it comes up the last one do as it says and you panel should return to user mode IE GALAXY VER2.45 ETC and the time / date

unless you have gone into parameters and put your own banner message on the system

that should do it if not post again and we will try to sort it out

one thing that would help to know what type of Galaxy panel is it Galaxy 18 / 16 / 16+ G3 48 ?????????????

John

Hi John - many thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm afraid I'm still not there yet. The sequence of events is:

1) I enter the Engineer Code and press ESC;

2) As you said, I get "Checking for Tampers";

3) I then get " 3 Tamper Zones" with "[<] [>] to View" ESC to Abort

4) Scrolling through the tampers shows: "1016 Intruder ESC to Abort" through to "1018 Intruder ESC to Abort". I don't know whether it's significant, but the system places the cursor under the second "1" of the 1016, 1017, or 1018;

5) If I scroll to display one of the three alerts and enter various codes, nothing seems to happen: ESC just takes me back to the "[<] [>] to View" screen. What do I do at this point??

The System Type is a Galaxy 60 Version 4.39

Your help is much appreciated.

Neil

ah i think i know what you have got now;

right
as you are already in engineer with the ENGINEER MODE on screen
re enter the engineer code followed by ENT
scroll through using the A key to ENGINEER I
press ENT
press A button
the display should say PROGRAM ZONES
press ENT
scroll thru using the A key, until you get to the required tampered circuits
on each one
press ENT
then on the first screen it should say ZONE 1016 INTRUDER
press 18 then ENT
it should now show ZONE 1016 SPARE
repeat on other zones

what you are doing is turning the circuit off

or the other way is find the RIO (zone expander unit) it might be in the end station (big grey / white box) or remotely and place a 1K resistor accross the zones that are not connected

this is the easiest way (unless you know the programming format that is)

if you have any further probs just post again and we will try to help you

John

Sponsored Links
or the other thing you can do, if you are really having trouble and are not sure what to do email with you contact details and i could talk you through it

John

Hi again John

Many thanks again - the alarm is now back in user mode - your instructions were very clear.

The follow-up question is, of course, exactly what have I done??

From your notes, I see that I have turned off the circuits 1016 thru 1018. So, two questions arise:

1) Does this mean that if a "real" intruder enters the house and turns off the mains circuit breaker to the alarm (the cause of the original problem), then the alarm will no longer trigger?

2) If I were to go back into Engineer Mode and reset the circuits 1016 thru 1018 back to the Tamper setting, will I get back to the original problem, or will setting them to "Spare" have reset the tampers?

Thanks again for your time.

Neil

the question arrises

is there anything connected to the `spared out` circuits

if there isnt, it dont matter
if there is you need to find them and check if they are connected correctly
again if you are unsure, just ask !!!!

what you have done is an engineer thing, you have shut the circuits down and they will not report anything back to the panel.

as for, if the power is turned off, question,
have you changed the battery ?
if you have not, i would advise that you do
fit a 12V 7Amp Hour battery, no smaller, due to the type of panel you have (Galaxy 60) needs a 7 Amp Hour battery.

again as i am in Hampshire if you need any proffessional help just ask.

John

Hi Guys

Was "googling" around earlier as have a fault with an galaxy alarm which has been causing some problems the last 2 weeks with randomly going off on a tamper and we have replaced the door contacts on the faulty zone but the system still comes up with TAMP S/C and with the help of this forum and this particular section i have now disabled the zone but could do with knowing what this issue is and how to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Ben

do you have the engineer code ?

if you do no problem,
if you dont, you cant `spare out` any of the circuits.

the display reads something like 1011 S/C or something of that nature.

this means you have either not connected the two resistors correctly and or the cable has a short circuit.

the basics, S/C short circuit on zone
O/C open circircuit on zone

another thing,
what verion/type of galaxy is it and who originally installed it ?

Thanks for the quick reply

Not sure on the version of the unit but can find out tomorrow if needed, yes i have the engineers code and yes its an adt installed alarm

The original problem we thought was water in the door sensors which there was alot of when we took them out to replace them with surface block sensors.

The sensor itself is on a double fire door so is 2 sensors on one circuit with 3 resistors in the circuit but the cabling i think dates back years to the first alarm which was installed back in the early 90's.

Question is do you think replacing the whole cable may sort the problem or could it be the panel?

Cheers

Ben

if you have the engineers code email me and i will give you my mobile number then you can call me and i will talk you through what to do.

it is easier than posting it all on the site.!!

you just have to make sure you are in front of the panel.

another thing.
three resistors in the contacts? we only normally use three in a pir sensor (grade three installs)
the contacts should only have two resistors one across the reed and one in line for tamper?
i seems by your post you have not connected the contacts correctly

its not a problem, and no you dont need a new panel!!!!!

they are quite bullet proof, thats why ADT use em !!!!

****@***.com

and yes the version and model number would be helpful.

john

Hi I am having trouble with false alarms on an old Galaxy alarm. It comes up with errors of +Key and I think -key. Any ideas what could be causing this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back