Gap Above Double Glaze Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i decided to redo the sealant round the inside of a double glazed window as it was a little drafty. there was a plastic strip at the top of the window which i removed. this has exposed a gap between the top of the window and the window opening in the wall, which is open to the cavity wall. i've checked a few sites about fitting windows and am guessing the window was too small when it was installed. i'm not sure if a gap like this should be filled with expanding foam or if i am best just putting it back the way it was, and having a look in the summer.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam and stick the trim back on once its gone off.
Assuming you just buy one of the cheap cans and not a professional gun system make sure you masking tape and cover everything nearby, It can expand like mad and stain things. Also the cheap cans are hard to control

Thanks. Is there any issue with bridging the gap between the interior and exterior wall of the cavity with the foam?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back