Gap between coving and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

First post on here, so apologies for any errors in terminology etc.!

I'm redecorating at home and have stripped wallpaper in one room, filling in holes and sanding them back ready for painting.

In doing so, I have removed some of the seal between the bottom of the coving and the wall. In some areas there is a gap and in others there isn't.

Can you advise on what is best to do next?

I could use a polyfiller type product to fill in the gaps but feel whatever I do needs to be consistent around the room to have the right effect, but that would mean 'filling' bits in that don't need it!

Can you help?

Thanks!

Neal

Sponsored Links
One word, caulk.

If your worried that the coving could come loose then some grab adhesive could be used first.

Thanks a lot.

Is that the same as polycell, polyfiller type stuff?

PS - not worried it will come loose - just trying to fill the ugly gap! Thanks.

Should this be done before or after painting the walls?

Sponsored Links
Caulk will fill most gaps but more than say 3mm you should really use some filler as it does shrink a little.

Almost all brands can be over painted but don't sand very well. Squeeze in just enough and smooth with your finger. Viola!

Fill the crack first, paint later. Although if you're painting a white or magnolia wall you can get that colour for a quick fix with no need to paint unless you're fussy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back