Gap between extensions

Sponsored Links
Section 2, 2 (j)

I think that only applies in a line of junction or party wall/fence scenario. As there is a physical gap between walls of the 2 extensions I'm not sure it would apply. However the neighbour probably wouldn't know that so worth throwing it into the mix to get a sensible result.

I think that only applies in a line of junction or party wall/fence scenario. As there is a physical gap between walls of the 2 extensions I'm not sure it would apply. However the neighbour probably wouldn't know that so worth throwing it into the mix to get a sensible result.

Yes, thats right - it would have to be a party wall to begin with. I was not clear if there was a shared wall there or not. But yes, it is always worth blagging it to see if the neighbour comes to his senses

Thanks, there is a small gap and no party wall. We discussed the whole project and neighbour declined offer of formal party wall agreement, we just didn't cover how we were going to deal with the gap... lesson learned!

Sponsored Links
Spoke to building regs (who have signed the whole thing off). Neighbour is entitled to refuse anything touching his roof but inspector recommends the gap is covered and having seen the pics thinks the solution is reasonable, just need to sell it into next door...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back