Garage condensation problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

We have a concrete garage which is about 20ft x 10ft. It has a flat single sheet corrugated metal roof.

We've had the house about 5 years and whenever temperatures drop and we start getting a frost, the underside of the garage roof collects a load of water and drips onto the entire contents of the garage - causing rust, mould etc.

From reading around, I understand that this is a common problem and is to do with condensation. It definitely isn't a leaky roof in the traditional sense as never have a problem even in heavy rain during the summer etc.

Any ideas on what i can do (apart from the nuclear option of tearing the garage down and starting again!?) Can the metal roof be replaced by something else? I've had enough of chucking old bed sheets on everything to try and protect them from the wet.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220113_170049.jpg
    20220113_170049.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back