Garage conversion condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage was part converted my the previous occupants to a decent standard (insulation, dry lined etc)

However I suffer alot of condensation on the window pane of the glazed door during the winter months

Could this be the fact the door is only single glazed, or the lack of any proper ventilation (should I fit an air brick or vent)

I haven't really used the room much either so is it just the cold causing the problem where I haven't heated it

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
So should I try to source a better double glazed door and also fit a vent?

Should I fit the vent low or high?

Or would the easiest option be to fit a vent in the old wooden door?

Sponsored Links
It wont be a simple matter of fitting "a vent"

The construction and usage will influence any condensation production - it's a balance between heating, insulation and ventilation .... you you have to read up on the many condensation posts or in the wiki, and then try and find a balance

A vent is best placed in the top of a window frame (trickle slot vent) or at an external corner diagonally opposite a door 300mm down from the ceiling and 300mm in from the corner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back