Garage conversion, false floor advice with tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are converting 3/4 of our garage into a bedroom/clinic for my wife.

The Garage already has a concrete floor with DPM. The plan is to install a 2nd DPM over the concrete then make a false floor with 125mm joists, followed by 18mm interlocking chipboard floor (75mm urethane Insulation underneath) and my Wife wants a tiled floor.

Would I be better using something other than 18mm chipboard if I want to tile on top afterwards?

Sponsored Links
Yeah use WBP (exterior) ply. 18mm would be ok, but personally I'd use 25mm if you can accomadate the extra height. As ever when tiling onto wood, use decent powdered flexible adhesive and grout.
Bedroom/clinic?? Does she do exotic massage? ;)

Have to be careful how I answer that one... She is a Holistic Therapist, doing Body Massage, Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Indian Head Massage. For BCO and Planning it is a 'Bedroom' as well as a clinic and therefore does not need a change of use.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back