Garage door jammed shut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope someone can help - my garage door is jammed shut.

Its a single piece up and over door with two bars which go from the handle to each top corner. When you turn the handle the latch opens on one corner but not the other.

I'm fairly sure the problem has been caused by "%@*&^ son dangling on one of the bars. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions v v welcome! (son already dealt with btw)

Sponsored Links
take it you cant gain entry by other means!!!!!!

wonder if its possidle to slightly open the free side a little bit and pull or gently lever the side thats jammed away enought to free it from the catch to open the door or maybe if the rod has become disconected ratteling or banging the door may release it

but dont do anything heavy handed a bit of finness ;)

Nope garage door only way in unfortunately .

Have tried levering accross from the free side (balancing on stool with kitchen knife - ladder and tools in garage :mad: ) no luck with that as yet, got dark and had to come in.

Was kind of hoping there is a release catch or something. What will the professionals do if I call them out?

fix it and charge the earth (sorry couldnt resist it!)
have to admit i find garage doors a nightmare and id call in professionals for the time you will take trying to sort it out

Sponsored Links
What make is the door? normally a model number on the door handle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back