Double Glazed Window jammed in corner - Please advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my double glazed window which is hinged on the left side, handle operates a top and bottom (RH corners) latch which sits into a housing which secures the window (hope this makes sense). Well the bottom one has come jammed, the top is still working ok. Now to get access to the mechanism you need to open the window, i am guessing the bar has either broken or come unscrewed. My question is, how to I get to access the mechanism as i cannot open the window, i have taken the handle off to try and see if i can sort off 'lift' the bottom bar...alas to no avail. Am i going to need to call in the experts? As if i force it, i am guessing it will break the housing, and cause some damage to the unit etc. Please advise :) Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Do you mean take out the glass?

Mooch your house wasn't built by Westbury by any chance?

Nope. Local firm. Neighbour has same house and says he's never had a problem with his windows.

Might have found our answer here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=46580805&posted=1#post46580805

Fella says he used a professional with a magic tool to lift up the bolt. Cost him £30.

If you find someone near Birmingham who can do the job, please let me know. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back