garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gents

i would like to replace remote control door controller which is faulty with a un and down switch. Can anybody suggest switch or part number and wiring diagram will be helpfull thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi Gents

i would like to replace remote control door controller which is faulty with a un and down switch. Can anybody suggest switch or part number and wiring diagram will be helpfull thanks.
Is it the remote key fob (transmitter) or the motor unit (receiver) that has gone.

If it is the key fob then try:
http://www.remotecontrol-express.co.uk/
If it is the motor unit what is the make and model?
Doesn't the motor unit come with a pull cord over-ride?

Thanks for your reply

The relay on the pcb is just clicking its not going up or down.The manuel wench is broken so i cant open it. There is a four core cable coming down from the motor.

Is this a roller type door ?. If so the fault might be the limit switches built into the end bearing unit have been forced out of position. This happens if the door has been prevented from moving by an obstruction when commanded to close. They will need to be reset which is an easy task if you have the instructions.

Sponsored Links
Hi Bernard
Thanks for reply,would be easier to fix a up and down switch.??.i have tried resetting but no luck.

If it is a roller ( Rollexa ) and the limit switches are out of position the motor will not operate even if you connect power directly to the relevent pair in the four core cable. (neutral, live for upwards, live for downwards and earth )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back