Garage roller doors??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Just had planning approval for a 5m by 8.5m garage, so i'm about to get some building regs drawings done.

My question is - what suppliers of rollers doors should I be looking at?
I have contacted the doorking as a start, but I value the experience of this forum so thought I'd ask your opinions?

I'd like to decide on a supplier early as I can get the door opening built just right.

Many thanks
Huw

Sponsored Links
I recently completed my 8m X 5m garage.
When you order your door you'll give them the internal dimension of your openings and they'll make it to suit.
You will also have to specifiy whether you'll fit it inside the opening, between the opening or outside the opening.
Inside is always recommended.

I would advise you to consider an insulated variety if you're going to be heating the garage. I didn't for cost reasons and I get condensation on the inside of the door in this weather. Which runs down and freezes on the rubber seal. The motor is not strong enough to break that frozen seal.
Obviously, make sure that no water can puddle outside against the door for the same reasons.

I paid £1,000 for mine. (about 4.6 metres between opening) Fitted inside, no windows, white finish, double skin. That's including remote contrrol, etc.
Fitting is not complicated. It will plug into a 13amp socket.
The hardest part is fitting the door curtain to the roller. It's at least 2 or preferably 3 man job.

i am just finishing my garage/workshop,, i stuck below limtis so i dont need permission or building regs,,

but roller doors are expensive.,.., until i found e-bay,, now i know you gotta be careful,, but i got a glideroll door that rrp's at £1000 for £350 brand new all bits included,,,

it is a little family run business, they get stuff at trade,, ohonestly awesome, they have every type size and colour,, mine is 100% perfect

search greenbowler0 on ebay,,, i highly reconmend

Sponsored Links
cardale thermaglide and a company called sws make very nice roller doors - expensive though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back