Garaged personal door & window.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently looking a putting an offer on a house.

The attached garage has a rear personal half glazed wooden door with a window & panel to it's right, all fitted in one frame.

The wooden frame/threshold is rotten at the bottom & requires repair/replacement.

Dimensions of the complete opening in the rear of the garage are W 1500mm x H 2060mm.

What sort of costs would I be looking at to get this replaced by a fitter?

Should I stay with hardwood or go for uPVC?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
it can depend on many things. including the local suppliers price for supping the door and window.

Always go with UPVC it never rots - ever... but can go a funny shade of yellow after about 15 years (although I have seen 25 year old pvc stuff in excellent condition. and the newer pvc shouldn't go yellow.

for a door, your looking at about £400 and maybe £150 for the window.

these prices can vary dramatically.

the labour costs can vary dramatically also.
Personally I have no idea what it would cost to fit it as my friend owns a pvc factory in Newcastle. and therefore I have never paid for fitting.

My guess would be between £200 and £500.

are you in the Newcastle area?

Thanks for the information. I live in Lincolnshire and the property is in ruskington.

I'll look at budgeting approximately £1500 to complete the work & adjust our offer accordingly. Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I live in Lincolnshire and the property is in ruskington.

I'll look at budgeting approximately £1500 to complete the work & adjust our offer accordingly. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
As its a garage, The door wouldn't need a Fensa certificate/building regs sign off saving you a few hundred.

Id say max cost should be about £1000 supplied and fitted (assuming no lintels are needed).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back