Garden multi tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm in the market a garden multi tool for high hedges and pruning trees ect...any 1 recommend a decent 1. I've seen the titan from screwfix and a few others online but after advice. Cheers

Sponsored Links
that links to an offer page
is this sort of thing

TITAN TTK587GDO 25.4CC PETROL LANDSCAPING MULTI-TOOL (48423)​

do you have a budget, at what tools MUST you have
Petrol or Battery or corded

Have the Titan jobbie. Works OK - does everything I have asked of it. Only hassle is changing tools as the drive coupling is a square shaft which does not self align.

Before I bought the Titan unit I had one from Lidl - used it for 5 minutes and then took it back - so much vibration in the power head.

Having found out how useful they are I'd happily replace with another Titan one.

Hi thanks...can I ask how long you have had it and how often its been used....worried about reliability.

Sponsored Links
Looking at petrol so I can go down side fence of property which is a public walkway/overgrown old factory dirt path. That titan looks good for attachments.

Not against battery powered but how long would they last. Definitely has to be cordless as I been through a couple of cables on my old black and decker trimmers

depends on the batteries , i can only talk about a hedge trimmer i have from Stihl and the battery last long enough , i had enough before it did - trimmed 4 big hedges

maybe cheaper units - low end batteries - 40mins runtime - i would hope is worst case, maybe longer
but that will depend on the Amp Hours of the batter AH

Stihl - the AP100 smallest battery , last 72mins on the spec - BUT That is runtime, not the time you use it
my AP200 is 144min - but i was cutting these hedges from about 10:00 to 14:00 - with breaks moving around , clearing up , much less time with the cutter actually running
as i say it was 1/2 full according to the lights

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back