Garden Wall - First Build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking to do my first build which will be a garden wall.

The wall (or more specifically 4 walls) will retain a lawn and the associated earth underneath.

I had previously asked on another forum about the size of footings and was told to make my footings about twice the width of the wall. Thats sounds ok.

Now for my next problem. I want the top of the wall to be level all around, but the land that the wall is going to go on is currently sloping. The wall depth will go from 1 brick deep to approx 30" deep. I dont think building the wall itself is going to be a problem.

What I dont know is how to do the footings. Am I going to have to do it in stepped stages over a few days?

Sponsored Links
Only you know the answer to that, we do not know how you are digging the footing or how long they are, with a mini digger they could be done quickly by hand who knows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back