Garden Wall Rebuild Cost Estimate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My garden wall of approx 60 metres (actually two walls at right angle) is held up with black mortar and is leaning in one part of it, though for the most part is still standing though wobbles a bit in places.

Its single brick width, with reinforcing posts (doubling up of bricks) every few metres. Its about one metre high.

Access seems to be good.

I know its going to be expensive, but wanted to get some ballpark ideas off here please before I approach builders directly.. just so i can be prepared. Alternatively I guess a fence might be cheaper?

Thanks
N.[/list]

Sponsored Links
60 brick per m2....3600 exc piers then coping stones.

Will the foundations need redone?

Anyway if bricky lays 500 a day at £150 to £200 a day thats approx £1200 to £1600 for labour.
Then you have the material costs and the bricky will probably bring a labourer along.

yeah a fence would be cheaper. :confused:

Can brickies still get that kind of money?
Good brickies are about £50 a day here in Ireland. Some even less..
No work.. and tripping over each other to find it.

Suppose it depends on the work available, you would be pushed to get a labourer for £50 a day here.

Sponsored Links
thats a poor deal bricky-wise!

1000 bricks a day from a scottish bricky for that sorta cash

Average brickie 500-600 a day on straight runs with labourer.

1000 a day is exceptional. Depends on the brick and finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back