gardtec 500 series alarm locked out.

Sponsored Links
alarm panel makers do not post engineers manuals on websites.

i can only suggest you:

look at it and dust it ocasionaly

call a local alarm company (but ask them first do they know your panel)

change it to something else (another panel)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice, I have been dusting and looking at it but that is not doing much good.

That's when I looked for help out there . I thought there maybe a simple code by which I could reset the alarm panel. Apparently not !

I'll have to write to the manufacturer and see if I can buy the manual.

Try e-mailing Gardtec. They've sent out engineer's manuals to a colleage of mine before.

I thought there maybe a simple code by which I could reset the alarm panel. Apparently not !

following that innocent comment i suggest you call ana alarm company to do it for you.

Think about it, suppose there was a "magic code" it would not be a good idea to publish it on a public forum would it? If such a code existed all the bad people could use it on anyones alarm.

There is such a thing as an engineers code, but all that does is tell the panel you are an engineer and allow access to the programming. If the alarm is set, the engineers code does not work. (unless it was set by the engineer to test the alarm)

shazad";p="1033369 said:
Moved into new house. Don't know reset code. How can I reset alarm ?

whats wrong with it exactly? is it you just don`t know the user code? or you don`t know how to reset it? because if its just a reset it needs. you just press 0 . if its a new code you need, because you don`t know the one thats in it. then it needs to be defaulted and reprogrammed. which means you need a engineer manuel, also could be hard to get as its old.

There is such a thing as an engineers code, but all that does is tell the panel you are an engineer and allow access to the programming. If the alarm is set, the engineers code does not work. (unless it was set by the engineer to test the alarm)
We have a gardtec panel with fobs. One of our staff (gone now) had a flat battery in his fob, so he asked the alarm man for a code. It later transpires he was given an engineer code. :oops: Since apparently our system is either all fobs or all codes, he cant have been given a standard user code.

Steve. you should still have at least one user code with that system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back