Garry Weddell

S

Soggy_weetabix

I knew this guy (and his family) very well through friendship as a gas engineer.

I would have classed him as a friend more than a customer as his hospitality and openness allowed us to become 'mates', and any repairs on the family's heating system become a social event for me.

Many a time the van would be left and a taxi ordered home after doing the job required, being supplied with as many beers as I could drink, and a lovely meal thrown in by his wife. Their family life seemed idyllic.

All I can say is.... how the hell do things end up like this?

Ive known all the events surrounding his wife for nearly a year now but honestly thought he was not capable of killing anyone.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1301_guncop.shtml

David

Sponsored Links
It sort of knocks you sideways when it's someone you know doesn't it?

Certainly does Joe.

'Proper' knocked. Been on my mind all day!

I feel real sadness for this whole affair. Have a lot of questions running around my head right now. Ive lost a mate but what sort of bloke does what he has done?

Dave

Certainly does Joe.

'Proper' knocked. Been on my mind all day!

I feel real sadness for this whole affair. Have a lot of questions running around my head right now. Ive lost a mate but what sort of bloke does what he has done?

Dave
Apparently done.

Sponsored Links
I don't get why he was on bail. If he was suspected and then subsequently charged with murder. That's absolutely crazy, and 200k isn't a lot, you'd take your chances in a dinghy to France if you were genuinely guilty. I would anyway!

It's quite common for seemingly ordinary folk to commit foul acts. After all, what is a murderer supposed to look like?

I hope you can get to clear your head eventually, I know it's a toughie but we all lose people from time to time, in one way or another.

How was he able to get is hands on a gun presumably from the gun club if he was on bail?

Your asking the questions ive been asking myself all day.

Still getting my head around it.

Dave

Sorry to hear this, the trouble is a lot of us don't show our true feeling and tend to bottled inside you which often can explodes in heat of moment

The most worrying of all this is that the title of the media clip says gun cop, was he an armed officer? or is that a play on words? if he was an armed officer it will show up the assessment system for selection of armed officers as faulty, just imagine if an armed officer suddenly tipped over the edge whilst on duty, we could end up with another menedez incident or worse?

Those poor kids....Dunno when that photo was taken , but the guy certainly has a haunted look

Those poor kids....Dunno when that photo was taken , but the guy certainly has a haunted look

I agree Nige. Looking back at that pic I can see the despair and torment he must have been going through.

Everyone has a breaking point and I can only assume his was so depressed, he did the awful things he did (apparently). As a father myself though, I could never ever see me depriving my children of their mothers love.... no matter what she had done. He had tried to kill himself in custody and that should have been a warning!

(The photo was taken in September 2007 Nige.)

David

and now the sun newspaper has phoned me asking for an interview for a grand.

I told them where to go. How the hell do these papers get numbers?

David

The police looking after their own kind, again, again, again, and it will get sorted, for the judge seen this, time and time again

History repeats.

Sponsored Links
Back