Gas and water earth bond location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently upgraded the earthing at my home by bonding the gas and water supplies in 10mm back to the CU (TNS system)

Now the gas bond is supposed to be within 600mm of the meter before any Tee. I cant do that as the supply out from the meter is a copper elbow leading directly into a copper Tee with not enough room for a clamp so I have had to clamp as close to the outgoing side of the tee as possible.
The water rising main has the stopcock very close to the floor and behind the kitchen units, the best I can manage there with making sure the pipe is well cleaned first is just house side of the stopcock unless I rip out the kitchen units.

Baring test readings, are these locations likely to be acceptable for regs?

Sponsored Links
The supply is TNS with a 60amp board fuse, I have a length of 16mm ready for cable sheath to CU earth block but just waiting for either a very brave sparky to change the 6mm original board supplied earth wire ( I am aware its illegal and v dangerous) or the board to supply me with a sweated on earth lug to suit 16mm.

Thanks for the reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back