gas bills lets compare

Sponsored Links
Breezer's comparisons may not be a simple as it sounds, I was comparing my dads 2 bed bungalow, with my 3 bed detached, he had his thermostat set at 25c, on permanent, and mine 18c to 20c timed to come on early morning for 2 hrs, and evening for 5 hrs, very similar usage I thought.
The actual bill is in kw/hrs, at 2 tariffs.
MY meter is in Cubic METRES, his is in Cubic FEET.

they have a mathematical formula for converting to kw/hrs, and it turns out that the cubic feet meter works out more expensive per week, but looks less if you go by "UNITS".
That has nothing to do with the type of meter, but to the fact that you father heats his house for longer and to a higher temperature than you do your house! If the times were the same, a house heated to 25c will use approx 25% more gas than one heated to 20c.

Yes I know, what I was trying to say was that what I thought was a similar usage was in fact his usage in units needed to be multiplied by 2.83, ie his weekly usage say 40 units, my weekly usage 40 units look similar but in fact he uses 111.32, so he was using nearly three times as much! He was on a fixed monthy payment of £85 per month all year, and use as much as he liked, I think it was called "keep warm" or something, but each year it went up.
I keep getting stuff from other suppliers saying they are cheaper than my supplier, but they never quote their Price per kwh, and when they quote they are always more expensive, because they don't know what my tariff is.I had one bloke at the door, who in the end walked away, admitting I Knew too much!.
This two tariff bit is to get round the standing charge, cos if you dont use any gas when you are on holiday, it just means the gas you save is at the lower rate.PP.

Sponsored Links
Back