Gas boiler CO - just a service? Really?

Yes Agile an hours work for those of us with experience prob longer for someone like yourelf who doesn`t know how to do one which may go towards justifying your rogue trader price of £185 which by your own admission is not in regard work done or time taken but to TEACH the customer a lesson.
I think the lesson customer would learn is get someone who can look at there boiler correctly becaue his head i not up his own ar#e

Sponsored Links
G-M-G and if it was a well sooted up 552 ?????

Less that an hours work I am told!

Tony

£156 is a standard price for a 1off repair (parts and labour included) so wouldn't matter what boiler it was or the fault.. terms and conditions apply :LOL:

It always make me laugh when i hear the prices people charge on here, we would charge £148 for a domestic boiler up to 70 kw.

Which is a bargain when you consider out hourly rate of almost £180 per hr.

James

It always make me laugh when i hear the prices people charge on here, we would charge £148 for a domestic boiler up to 70 kw.

Which is a bargain when you consider out hourly rate of almost £180 per hr.

James

Well that totally justifies out charge for a sooted up 552 of £185 then !

Tony

Sponsored Links
I think your price for a sooted up bbu, sounds fair when you consider the time it takes to clean a sooty unit properly, carry out all the checks.

And consider the mess you undoubtly end up in, and if you only charged the price of a normal service you probably wouldnt here from the customer again until it was sooted up again a few years down the line.

Where you would be back at square one.

Although our prices are not for domestic customers as we don't deal with them unless they have a big property with commercial appliances, the domestic appliances we come across are in commercial properties.

James

I didn't mean to start a war, chaps!

Update. Never, ever EVER deal with British Gas.

Having wasted almost an entire day waiting for this service-or-repair, I discovered that the useless sods had left a message on the phone I rang them from originally, despite on at least three occasions giving them my mobile number as my 'best contact number'. The message said they weren't coming.

I rang back and, again refusing to acknowledge it was an emergency callout (i.e. a f***ing repair), they offered me the end of November.

That's one potential customer lost - I was even (stupidly) going to sign up for one of their service contracts.

So, after ringing round, I'm left with a non-BG engineer for Tuesday, making it more than a week without heating.

I should have smelt a rat from the offset (or was that just CO?).

Fuming! :evil:

another happy customer! :LOL: they do say they give homecare customers priority.. let us know how ya get on n how much they charge ya, then we can all compare price's :LOL:

Hmmm yes that of course is one downfall of having a breakdown booked as a service, it will not take priority if brekdown work picks up obviously. It may well be that they didn't take down your mobile number correctly or simply couldn't get through of course and used the back up number.

its more likely that the office monkey had several customers to disappoint and would have phoned the number least likely to have someone shouting at them on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back