Gas central heating Service.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am selling my home and the buyers solicitor asked when If I have had the boiler serviced.

It was new in 2006, I moved here in 2007 and have not had it serviced.

My neighbour thinks the buyer may ask me to get it serviced, so I have a couple of questions.

I understand Gas boiler service engineers are not CORGI registered anymore, what is the new regulatory body called that I should look out for in an engineer?

What sort of cost would I be looking at for the servicing a 5 year old boiler?

Sponsored Links
gas safe register

any where between £55-£95, parts extra if required

It was new in 2006, I moved here in 2007 and have not had it serviced.
You should be thankful the boiler did not break down in the last five years! If it had, and the boiler was still under warranty, the manufacturers could quite easily have washed their hands of the problem, saying, "You haven't had it serviced as laid down in our instructions, we are not going to accept any warranty claim."

Sponsored Links
And by not having it serviced he has saved himself up to 400 quid which would cover vast majority of possible faults.
So he is actually in pocket

nd fortunately for him he did not have a Vaillant or Biasi with Combustion chamber seal issues which could have written the boiler off or even caused a Carbon monoxide incident!! :rolleyes:

Doesn't he mean a Vaillant or a GlowWorm?

I have never heard of any Biasi with seal issues.

I reckon you're right Tony, still come across them with the dodgy silicone seals in.

We've had a couple of Biasi HE's with seal problems - the last one took out most of the plastic parts and the wiring loom - a very expensive fix

I think it is fair to say that any modern condensing boiler using the now common radial stainless heat exchanger is likely to be a candidate for burner door seal failure IMHO. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back