Gas cooker and the regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help me on a few levels here.

We have a mid terraced house, we have a conservatory that spans the entire width of the back of our house, previously we had a lean to than covered 3/4 of the back and there was a grill from an extractor fan from the kitchen that went into the conservatory. THis does not work and since the grill going into the new conservatory has been filled over (which i guess can be reverted back if required and extractor fan switched back on.

The kitchen is at the back of the house with the window opening into the conservatory. The kitchen has no door, just an archway into the dining room and then it's open plan through the lounge. The french doors to the conservatory have a grate open at the top so constant airflow there.

Above the cooker is a canopy that is used on and off , its noisy so unless it gets smoky etc its not used very often.

Basically we have a replacement cooker we are having installed, my question is what are the chances of being told that we can't because we have not got adequate ventilation? Secondly can the Gas man coming to do it mark mine as unsafe and not let me have the current cooker?

He has offered to service our boiler, install the new cooker with new hose and cap a fire in the lounge for £148 inclusive of VAT, is this good?

Thank you inadvance for advice, I have looked on sites but seems there is no hard and fast rule I can apply.

Sponsored Links
Interesting I just read the regs again and because the whole downstairs is treated a one habitable room (i.e. open plan) I think I'm ok. Also there is ventliation above the french doors to the conservatory and the kitceh window is left on permanent vent. See what the gas man says I guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back