Gas cooker brackets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before you all jump down my throat for daring to ask about gas related stuff :) , how do the regs get interpreted these days, after doing up my kitchen I looked into maybe getting a new cooker, my old cooker has a slot for the stability bracket, all the new cookers I have looked at no longer have a slot for that bracket, they now have a safety chain basically welded/bolted straight to the unit and no way of fitting a bracket. I take it just a chain must pass the regs then? I've read that as long as one or the other is fitted it's classed as O.K or are these new cookers not up to the regs, my old cooker actually has both in use, bracket and chain

Sponsored Links
Thank you, I just wanted to be sure, If I go ahead and get a new cooker bought anf fitted, I'll have to re-tile where the old bracket was, I basically looked at a few to see if they all had a slot in an industry standard defined space, with gas safety regs changing so often it made me wonder, a chain alone doesn't stop that small initial tip like a braket would :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back