gas cooker ignition electrode replacement question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ceramic on one of the ignition electordes has cracked, and as a result, spark goesn't get in appropriate place and gas is not fires.

I have opened cooker and dismounted an electrode but have no clue where to buy a spare one.

I'm attaching two images. One with cracked electrode, and one with a ceramic part spec I have found on the website of the parts producer.

http://www.erta.com.tr

If you know where this kind of spares can be found in UK, could you let me know please.

Appreciate for any advise.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried to google ignitor for the make & model of your cooker?

Have you tried to google ignitor for the make & model of your cooker?

No name, that's confusing me very much. I didn't buy it.

Maybe more images will help.

However, oven has some weird name on it - "Kompact" but it's a separate unit, its electriclal and I guess it doesn't relate to the cooker somehow. Am I wrong?

Sponsored Links
Sorry but that label means nothing to me, however there are several similar looking ignitors here http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/Hob+Parts/Ignition+Parts.htm,( click on the "ignition parts" icon) if you want to take a risk they are not particularly expensive. Alternatively you could give them a ring & see if they could tell you if they are compatable or give they could give you dimensions of the new ones. This is a long shot, but the only clue on that label is the SI.ME.CO bit that makes me think of China & therefore Hygena, I may be totally wrong though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back