Gas cooker install, hose ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all

Had a new cooker installed yesterday, after connecting the hose and when the plumber had gone i noticed the cooker wasnt flat and the oven door was swinging open. He came back and spent a bit of time tilting the cooker to level the feet. He didn't disconnect it.

I noticed after he had gone that the bayonet side is at 5 o clock instead of hanging at 6 o clock- no idea if it was like that before he came back.

Daft question, but i assume this doesn't matter in the slightest? there is no way the bayonet would have come lose while he was tilting the cooker? I think i read that if the bayonet becomes unsealed, it seals the backplate.

I think it is totally fine, but it is gas so just wanted to check (fitter was registered gas safe and gave certificate.) Both ends of hose below

Cheers

Attachments

• cook1.jpg
    cook1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 73
  • cook2.jpg
    cook2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 69
  • cooker3.jpg
    cooker3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
I doubt he’s pulled it out, as once in, you have to press the connection on the hose to release.

I doubt he’s pulled it out, as once in, you have to press the connection on the hose to release.
Yeh i am sure its fine, im just being over anxious as usual- thanks, i appreciate the patience.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back