Gas feed for duel fuel cooker, where it should go?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could anyone advise where the gas feed for a duel fuel cooker should go. We are currently renovating our kitchen and they are doing the plumbing and electrics for the new kitchen before the insulation and plaster boards go on. I noticed there was no pipe there for the gas feed to the hob, is this correct? The builder said it will run along the wall when the kitchen unit are put in, but I really don't want a pipe running through all my new units. Please excuse my ignorance when it comes to this subject. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanx xoxo

Sponsored Links
Depends where the gas supply is coming from, but I wouldn't want gas pipes buried in walls, in case someone punctures it as it can't be seen! And some regulation will not allow this. It maybe better to route beneath floor if access and pop up behind the appliance. But cannot see why having a gas pipe running behind kitchen units would be a big deal.

Depends where the gas supply is coming from, but I wouldn't want gas pipes buried in walls, in case someone punctures it as it can't be seen! And some regulation will not allow this. It maybe better to route beneath floor if access and pop up behind the appliance. But cannot see why having a gas pipe running behind kitchen units would be a big deal.

Thanx for the reply, I just didn't want the. To have to cut holes through all my units, but take ur point on a leak I didn't think of that. Than again for the reply xoxo

No need for holes in units if the pipe is run low-level in the plinth area. The supply will connect to the cooker with a flexible pipe. Just need to make sure the pipe isn't going to obstruct anything when the cooker is pushed back to the wall.

Sponsored Links
As above the pipe will run beneath the cabinet, in the void where the legs/supports are. So will not encroach the cabinet space.

All pipework and cabling should go in at first fix - all locations, runs and terminations should be in the drawings ( if you used drawings ).

With apologies:
The stub up behind the cooker goes to a bayonet fitting cooker point that is connected to the appliance with a rubber hose.
Sorry to jump in with a bit of a correction, but "flexible pipe" terminology can sometimes cause problems with hobs and cookers and RGI's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back