Gas Fire In Bedroom-Classify AR or ID??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've only qualified in May, so bear with me; Under the Gas Regs, as far as I know, a fire can only be installed in a bedroom with an ASD; Now, if a 20 year old fire is installed, with no probs at all, am I right in saying it's AR?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
a fire can only be installed in a bedroom with an ASD
Above true if non room sealed and subject to size conditions.

If the fire was installed prior to January 1st 1996 then provided it is working ok it is NCS. After January 1st 1996 then it is AR

If the fire was installed prior to January 1st 1996 then provided it is working ok it is NCS. After January 1st 1996 then it is AR

What do NCS and AR stand for please? I've searched everywhere and can't find a sensible answer.

Sponsored Links
NCS = Not to Current Standards
AR = At Risk (It MIGHT pose a risk to life or property at some time in future)
ID = Immediatly Dangerous ( IS a risk to life or property NOW)

Thanks Alan, and what is ASD? We have gas fires installed in bedrooms. They are inspected (and passed) every year but one of them now needs replacing. I am trying to determine the legality of this.

Atmospher sensing device......safety feature to shut off gas valve in the event of oxygen depletion.....and CO being produced!!

And how are the public supposed to know what is save or not.

when people post in the combustion chamber do they sit with one trouser leg rolled up to the knee like other secret societies :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back