Gas fire turns itself off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Forgive me if this is the wrong section but it seemed the most suitable area to post.

I have a Cannon Caress real flame gas fire that has started to turn itself off when on the low heat heat setting. I tried the fire last night and could not get it to stay on at all. It lights up ok when I push the control knob in and hold it in, but when I let go and try to turn the knob to the max position the fire shuts down.

I've taken the coals off and given everything a hoover out and I did get the fire to light and had it running on maximum for a good hour. When I tried to reduce the seting to minimum the fire went out and I could not light it again.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the fault may be and is it worth getting a corgi engineer in to repair the fire or is it easier just to buy a new one.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Pain in the backside these fire when they start acting up, eventually fitted a new fire for my customers after 2 years of faffing of allright for a while then not then ok then not and a unsatisfactory conversation on the phone with cannon, scrap it and get a new fire.

Sponsored Links
All you have is a partially blocked pilot good sevice will sort it ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back