gas hob electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering if someone could help me out regarding the electrics for my new hob and electric oven. I have 10 mm cable feeding 45a dp switch which feeds a cooker connection point then next a 10 mm cable coming of the ccp feeding a socket for the ignition of the gas hob which has a 3 pin plug on it is this ok.

Sponsored Links
sorry maybe i wasn't clear the feed from 45a dp switch feeds ccp that supplies the oven then of the ccp it supplies a socket which will be used for the hob ignition if this is ok

Sponsored Links
If that oven is a single cavity oven, it only requires a 13 amp supply. If this is the case, replace the cooker connection unit with another 13 amp socket and plug it in. This circuit should have a protective device of 20 amps, though because the cable is overrated you'd get away with 32 amps.

If the oven is double, or rated more than 3kw, leave it hard wired and replace the circuit protective device with 20 amp equivalent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back