Gas Hob - Getting to light first time.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We Cannon Gas Oven and the hobs don't seem to light first time. They used to, but now they won't. It is rather frustrating.

I have checked that there is a Spark from the ignitors and there is one there. I have also cleaned the rings and covers, and cleaned inside the rings where the gas would feed from. Is there anything else I can do to get the Gas Hobs to work first time, or is it doomed?

Sponsored Links
Are the ignitors sparking from the probe to the covers or the cooker frame, it is often just dirt making them track to the cooker rather than the area where the gas is, try cleaning them again with a toothbrush.

look very carefully at the ceramic insulation round the ignitor, it might be cracked allowing the spark to short to the cooker slightly reducing spark and causing problem to light frst time, you might be ble to seal with superglue but it is difficult to get right into the crack (ooh eh missus)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back