Gas hob not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The story may be one of the typical ones... I spilled tarka daal on the buttons of the gas hob. It made one of the gas knobs quite hard to rotate. When I cleaned it thouroughly, the knobs are ok, however the ignition has stopped working. I pulled the cap on the ignition switch and cleaned it as well (WD 40 : not sure whether it was the right thing to do) but still not working.

The hob ignition is from electric supply, so I can't think of battery or anything like that. I have a switch saying cooker. This switch controls the supply to the oven as well as the ignition. The oven is okay so I guess the ignition also gets the electric supply.

Since I know nothing about it, I am not sure where to start to isolate the problem. Its a CREDA hob if that makes any difference.

Kindly give me any pointer to start isolating and fixing my problem.

TIA,

SP

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back