Gas Installer needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In these troubled times, if there are any good heating installers out there who find themselves displaced in the Surrey/South London area; I need to recruit someone.

Hopefully this isn't against forum rules?

Sponsored Links
Don't blame you, its probably the hardest part of the trade. But it has good job satisfaction (most of the time).

Sponsored Links
Don't blame you, its probably the hardest part of the trade. But it has good job satisfaction (most of the time).

I think a slightly different skills set is required to install rather than service/repair. Which is more difficult is debatable, installs more physical and repair more mental. Both require dexterity and good mechanical skills. It's rare to find someone that excels at both.

To install you also must be able to plumb ,wheras to service or repair its not necessary.
My workmate has done no plumbing ever so struggles with this aspect.

Thanks very much for the compliment dangermouse. :LOL: ;)
But in the real world of the past and of proper apprenticeships and training it is not that unusual.

IMHO installing is easier because YOU are installing it so only YOU can cock it up, when you have to repair a boiler someone else has cocked it up and you have to summise how

:)

Nothing worse than spending half hour looking for the supposed fault and the customer then admits to feking about with it. As you say through gritted teeth yeah no worries its not a problem. :evil:

Nothing worse than spending half hour looking for the supposed fault and the customer then admits to feking about with it. As you say through gritted teeth yeah no worries its not a problem. :evil:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I hear that mate

Job would be great without the punter

lmao

I know many installers and many on service/repair and some are good at both but not excellent. Namsag is not known for his modesty, if it's justifiable is another thing. . .

You're probably too old, although I'm not allowed to say that.

I'm tempted by Danni Minogue, but the same applies to me.

You're probably too old, although I'm not allowed to say that.

I'm tempted by Danni Minogue, but the same applies to me.

Me too. I'm as quiet as a very quiet thing at the moment,having to resort to bookkeeping which is as bad as it gets :cry:

Installing is not technically difficult.

The skill is in being kitted up with all the tools and fittings needed for any situation.

I have to admit that when I install anything then I take a long time because I find that I dont have many of the things needed with me.

Repairs require a particular ability to think logically as well as a good memory of how boilers respond under fault conditions.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back