Gas Installer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now this sounds a good idea,a Remaha ha ha Avanta 35c condensing combi,quote " a virtually stand-alone system without the need for a feed and expansion tank,or a cold water storage tank,the hot and cold water is mains fed and the central heating is a sealed system." un-quote.

I will take two sounds like a great idea. :eek: :confused: :D :) :cool: :LOL: :p :evil: :rolleyes: ;) :!: :?:

Quote c/o page 50 December 2007 Gas Installer

Sponsored Links
Iknow,

but to be fair I fitted one. They are good.

nearly killed my analyser though. To set them up for lpg involves puting you analyser in and then adjusting, one look at an inner flue of a g20 set boiler using g31 sends analyser into the red. Mine took all morning to recover. I thought I had killed it.

Next time I do one I'll adjust the screw half a turn first. Can't now remember which direction it was.

Also has the stupid worcester 2 minute waste of gas fitters time before responding to commands function. Which doesn't serve to help seting up for lpg.

Boilers should be set for lpg by the manufacturer.

But yes I like the boiler and shall certainly use it again when I need a small cased one.

I have started to quote for these Broags as well now.

With my Vaillants I always buy the NG version and adjust myself.

Withe the Ecotec Plus you need to close the adjuster(clockwise) fully then turn back about 2 2 1/2 turns and this will leave you in the rough area so as not to blow your FGA as you had happen Paul.

Did anyone else notice that in one of the pics that the loft wasnt boarded, had no fixed ladder and no lighting

did H&S have the day off that day did they?

Sponsored Links
Haven't eve opened mine Matt, I'll have a look now and let you know If I notice the things were not suposed to notice ;)

;)

I can't see out theres no b leedin light on.

Nice extract on p24 though and p61 Rocol do a Loc-tite :eek:

;)

Whats that in his hand on 51, does this boiler have a flip down screen :rolleyes: wot next.

Nope, the thing in his hand is a PDA. The boiler has a diagnostic port that you can plug a PDA into and if you have the correct software, it will tell you what is wrong with it.

You are right about the loft though...no fixed ladder, guard rail, boarding or dedicated lighting...ho-hum, and I thought that £ORGI was meant to be our industry watchdog :rolleyes:

I work for a corgi reg company but not self employed (about 15 of us) can anyone tell me how to get the gas installer mag ?

I think you can just apply for it now, before it cost a tenner per person per year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back