Gas leak detector with shutoff valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions or experience as to the use/reliability of a system like this.

I don't know allot about them, only just started researching but the idea was to have a natural gas detector near the cooker/boiler, which would be linked (wired or wirelesly) to a shutoff valve on the gas supply to prevent a possible explosion should the cooker be left on unlit or a leak occur.

This was the first one I came across - http://asksara.dlf.org.uk/product.php?product_id=0110655&groupid=1230

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Might be simpler just to fit appliances with flame failure devices/FSD - commonly available on gas hobs and gas ovens - I suspect that they would cut the supply more quickly than a stand-alone detector as they detect a lack of heat rather than a build up of gas.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back