Gas meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i,ve just had gas put in from the main road to the edge of my property by wales and west and now i need to have a gas meter fitted in to the box and pipe ran into my flat does anyone know how much this will cost and do the utilites companys all charge the same or differant prices. thanks

Sponsored Links
Your gassafe man will do the pipe etc, and WAWU probably have the meter already sorted with whoever you signed up with.

All WAWU or its subby will do is fit a meter and regulator and cap it. After this point its down to you to get an RGI to pipe your hose/flat at your cost.

I requested my new meters from nPower (because they had one of the accounts for my flat conversion project) and it cost nothing.

They used WWU to fit them. No charges to me at all after WWU had upgraded the supply, fitted the service pipes and boxes which did cost.....alot!

Sponsored Links
Its cost me £541 to get the service pipe 20m from the main path.

I went straight through WWU to get the work done and not through a gas supplier

Do you think the supplier will fit the meter for nothing and how much to get the pipe from the meter into my flat.

its about a 5m run up the side of the building.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back