Gas or electric room heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the cheapest to run I have a boarded up fire place and am trying to cut the cost of heating by heating the lounge when we are in it instead of having the heating on the heat the whole house during the warmer months

Sponsored Links
How would you propose to power a gas room heater? :?:

Get an electric radiant heater. Instant heat for you.

Forget about gas or electric
wrap up warm
gloves
headwear
hot water bottle
bed in the lounge
excersise machine
cuddle up to your friends
or dog/other
play games
cook on a camp fire in the lounge
All these things are not unlike living on a boat

Sponsored Links
have sold boat to fund gas bill :D ,do i open the fireplace up and use the exsisting gas point or just get an electric heater . I did fancy a wall hung in the whole heater as I have a FLUE . so no CO alarm required

electric is about 3 times the price off gas for the same amount off heat

have sold boat to fund gas bill :D ,do i open the fireplace up and use the exsisting gas point or just get an electric heater . I did fancy a wall hung in the whole heater as I have a FLUE . so no CO alarm required

You are of course joking - open flued appliances are renowned for causing fatalities unless serviced on a regular basis

It depends on who you buy gas and electric off which is more expensive.

I was with British Gas, and burning gas for heat was like burning fivers. So we threw out the gas fire and installed a dual fuel wood burner, cost us £130 in all. ive heated the house this winter for £40 worth of logs and 10 x bags of smokeless fuel @ £7 a bag. there was a short time we had the central heating on when it got really cold in january. We can burn anything on this, weve even burned compressed coir blocks from a local plant nursery

Sponsored Links
Back