Gas pipe main bonding x2?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been covered before in the many! Bonding threads, but….

I have had my gas meter moved to the outside of my house (plastic box, half buried, but not attached to the building)

I have two gas appliances, boiler in kitchen and gas fire in lounge.

The gas pipe from the meter runs along the out-side of the house, with a tee entering into my lounge to the gas fire, then the outside pipe continues along the wall entering into the kitchen to the boiler.

N.B. I will never again let my 70-year-old father supervise work in my absence! The gas fire pipe was supposed to run in through the kitchen under the units then through into the lounge, not running for three meters above the skirting board in the sodding lounge! Bless him :rolleyes:

I have run a 10mm earth cable to the incoming gas pipe in the kitchen for main bonding, but not for the pipe entering the lounge!

Do I have to main bond both pipes were they enter the property or as they are both clearly supplied from the same pipe outside will just the one do :?:

Many thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
it should be bonded within 600mm of where it enters the building, or after the meter if the meter is situated inside.

edit, im not convinced with my own reply now, well mine is the half buried box and i ran the cable into the box throught he hole provided as the pipe goes under the floor in the house so would not be visable.

rssteve";p="1055616 said:
it should be bonded within 600mm of where it enters the building, or after the meter if the meter is situated inside.

One of the pipes is bonded(the kitchen one), but do I have to do both, as effectively its all one pipe?

All the pipe work is copper inside and out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back