Gas "Pressure" issue?

When you do your core gas you have to be checked on fires cookers boilers etc. maybe he thinks that qualifies him to do lgsc's :eek:
I still can't understand how someone can only have pipework and analysers, with him having flue liners I thought he may be a chimney sweep, but as one of the lads said he'd need fires as well.
It would be nice to get to the bottom of that.

Sponsored Links
There is no need for a CP12 to open the boiler up. All that is necessary is the measure the power input. This can be done from the gas meter!

Tony

Sorry Tony, but you can't just Gas Rate - OK - Done. Though I know alot that do. Some do even less than that, how they keep their GSR or even sleep at night is beyond me.

I think that if you carefully check what is actually required then its either the BP or the gas rate. You will have noticed the forms allow either!

There is no need to open the boiler!

But to set all your minds at rest, I dont agree with whats required and I would always open the boiler.

On one boiler I found that there was a different type of gas valve which had been fitted!

Back to the MOT test, THe tester is only required to test the efficiency of the brakes! He does not need to remove the brake drums and inspect the shoes!

The MOT tester does not need to open the bonnet ( or hood ).

Tony

The MOT tester does not need to open the bonnet ( or hood ).

Of ccourse he does tony, he has to check the integrity of the bodywork, suspension etc. The mounting points for the suspension struts used to be a favourite place for rust on most cars, not so much nowadays.

I guess it could be a mistake on the online thing? I guess its worth reporting anyway, if its a mistake they'll rectify it, if not then he'll get dealt with appropriately.

Agile: MOT tester does typically open the bonnet, as you need to do so to check the suspension mountings and chassis rails for corrosion on most cars, which is part of the test.

Sponsored Links
When you do your core gas you have to be checked on fires cookers boilers etc. maybe he thinks that qualifies him to do lgsc's :eek:
I still can't understand how someone can only have pipework and analysers, with him having flue liners I thought he may be a chimney sweep, but as one of the lads said he'd need fires as well.
It would be nice to get to the bottom of that.

i have just checked mine & i have flue liners listed under "pipework" but i don't have fires as an element.

meter changers only have to do the core & met1 & met2 they don't have to do any elements,

if you do the core & nothing else you will get pipework & CPA1 which will allow you to run pipework & test it & NOTHING ELSE which is what this guy has listed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back