Gas Reducing Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
We have had a new glass fronted gas fire installed in our lounge. It is super efficient 90% and heats the lounge lovely. It has only two heat settings but even the low setting means we cant leave it on for long. Is it possible to reduce the output with a reducing valve or other device so that we can run it at a lower setting?
Hope someone can help.
Regards
Arthur Turner

Sponsored Links
No im afraid not. You cannot modify an appliance in any way.

You can get gas fires which have thermostatic control, so they will adjust themselves according to the room temperature. But i realise this is of little help now the fire has been installed!

No as TCC has correctly advised you this is not possible, please do not attemt to do what you suggest after getting the correct advice , this could be very dangerouse

Sponsored Links
No as TCC has correctly advised you this is not possible, please do not attemt to do what you suggest after getting the correct advice , this could be very dangerouse
Thank you very much for the advice, no way would I attempt to modify it, just thought there must be some way of safely turning it down like on an oven. Guess I'm stuck with turning it off every hour.
Regards
Arthur

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back