Gas Safe Registration question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had two quotes from 2 GSR's on a new combi and 7 rads but the second guy's registration is under his company's name and not his own...he would be doing it as a 'homer' job ....so not under his company's 'umbrella'....whats the consequences if I choose him?

Cheers

Danny

Sponsored Links
as well as him working illegally as unregistered, he probably wont have public liability insurance and you will have no comeback if anything goes wrong, and any manufacturer warranty will be void if not registered.
is it really worth saving a few quid for all that potential hazard.
plus if anything goes wrong he wont be able to come and sort during company hours.
that is unless his company has given permission to use their registration for registering the boiler which i doubt.

He is breaking the law and your house insurance may be invalid.

Frankly it is flocking annoying that he is undercutting his employer who paid for his qualifications, tools, and quite possibly pricing terms for materials that he is taking advantage of.

If you used him knowing what he is doing it puts you in the same category IMO.

Sponsored Links
dan robinson...I have never employed him b4 ...it was my bro who put me onto him....I thought his reg was in his own name...but he phoned tonight with his price ...never gave him the go ahead til I had this question answered...now that it is answered (and thanks to all for the input)...he def won't get the job

Am I still in the same catagory as him?

ok I hear ya Dan....I'm not one for breaking regulations or the law when it is required....ironically the legit quote was only £350 dearer...baxi platinum 33 kW

with a 10 year warranty on that boiler, it is definitely the better deal ;)

yip dean ....actually posed this question on ukplumbersforum just to get as many answers as possible and a guy called Scott_d said make sure his registration is in his own name....if he hadn't pointed that out I'd be fooked right now....God bless the forums ....tbh witcha am really feeling a big sense of relief right now....glad I posed the question....once again thanks to all....its for me mammys house so her money...if it were me and mine it would be Viessmann or intergas...

Firstly he will be able to register it for warranty as this is not a problem with majority of manufacturers secondly he may not be doing anything illegal by working off his companies registration as even BG will allow there engineers to work off their reg when doing family .
So actually ask the guy straight out instead of going by assumptions off the internet by people who dont know exactly how the guy or his company allows him to work , including me

Firstly he will be able to register it for warranty as this is not a problem with majority of manufacturers secondly he may not be doing anything illegal by working off his companies registration as even BG will allow there engineers to work off their reg when doing family .
So actually ask the guy straight out instead of going by assumptions off the internet by people who dont know exactly how the guy or his company allows him to work , including me

As said he could be working with the full knowledge of his employer, some valued guys in firms can do that & it's not unheard of.

Thats BG perspective on it Dan.
i was pointing out that some firms allow guys to work and register jobs through the company registration and as such the guy could be perfectly legal .
i know one company associated with BG that allow their guys to do it as they are not in the installation of boilers market so guys are not in competition.

So for some of you to say the guy is totally illegal without knowing is a wrong assumption .
He may well not have permission from his company but we dont know that and only he can answer that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back