Gas supply on outside wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering having a boiler fitted in the loft but the most logical way of running the 22mm gas supply would be on the outside wall. Is this permissible and would I need to have it protected in any way? :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
No problem unless say in a driveway. ??
Use metal clips - they look better and withstand UV.
Ask your corgi where he's going to put the condensate...

This is what I have. The pipe didnt look nice to start with but it sooned dulled down. The pipe is not protected just 22mm copper

Thanks to ChrisR and Diyisfun, this gives me confidence to talk to a plumber.

Sponsored Links
Run it in screwed galv. Far superior job.

Not at all. I've only ever put one boiler in a loft. Simplest route was up the outside wall. It was on a drive and high traffic area for the young kid and his mates. Worried that copper would get whacked so used the galv. Still dent free to this day despite being clouted by hot tub delivery guys. I was probably an old fuddy duddy in some other post.

Not at all. I've only ever put one boiler in a loft. Simplest route was up the outside wall. It was on a drive and high traffic area for the young kid and his mates. Worried that copper would get whacked so used the galv. Still dent free to this day despite being clouted by hot tub delivery guys. I was probably an old fuddy duddy in some other post.

I was pulling your leg matey

ist2_179743_artifical_leg_and_foot.jpg

OW! Too hard!

Run it in screwed galv. Far superior job.

cor you old fuddy duddy solo ;)
Galvanised :eek: .do a proper old school gas fitters ( BG) job ......crooked and smeared with denso :rolleyes: yes Trannyco are still @ it latest lash up I saw was @ Bisley (Nat. Rifle centre)can`t even use a freakin diamond core drill without breaking half the face bricks :rolleyes: :rolleyes: they want a firearm as a suppository :evil:

where i used to live we had that, i was always worried about hitting it, so i screwed gutter over it, just enough gap between gutter and pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back