Gassafe

P

penfold46

Placed a call today today to ask a few questions about a Back Boiler in a builders opening. A lot was wrong and I need to clarify NCS, AR as Ive not seen A BBU/F in a while.

All questions duly answered WITHOUT any idea who I was. :eek:

So, I told my 15 year old son to call them with ventilation requirements for a Balanced Flue appliance in a compartment. They duly gave out all the information required without any proof of who he was. :eek:

So good to hear that Gassafe are providing the general public with sensitive information. :rolleyes:

Well done Gassafe :eek:

Sponsored Links
At the end of the day they didn't give you any "Secret Information" all they did was quote chapter & verse from BS's and Building Regs, had they suggested that you did the remedial work yourself, then that would have been wrong, However I do hope they reffered you to their "Find an Installer" page on their Website!! :confused: ;)

gas safe are in effect a consumer organisation , set up to protect the consumer funded by the installation industry !! most information is readilly available to the general public ! Sensitive information ????

Personallly dont see the problem with them giving out rules and regs as its all in public domain anyway.
But if you as a registered guy have a problem with the basics should you be working on BBU `S .

What questions did you have to ask.

Sponsored Links
Why shouldn't they give the information? There is no benefit in keeping the population ignorant.

Placed a call today today to ask a few questions about a Back Boiler in a builders opening. A lot was wrong and I need to clarify NCS, AR as Ive not seen A BBU/F in a while.

So, I told my 15 year old son to call them with ventilation requirements for a Balanced Flue appliance in a compartment. They duly gave out all the information required without any proof of who he was. :eek:

So good to hear that Gassafe are providing the general public with sensitive information. :rolleyes:

bbu are open flued not balanced :LOL:

Why shouldn't they give the information? There is no benefit in keeping the population ignorant.

Why not. it's kept the rich rich and the poor poor from day one, just look at Adam, ignorant t***t ate the apple, and now look :cry:

Funny you should mention that. In cuneiform, which is what they wrote locally in the early days around the area where the episode with Adam apparently took place, eating forbidden fruit had little to do with apples. Think along the same lines as when a monkey is spanked, no animal abuse actually takes place usually.

Adl, You need to read Penfolds post again ;)

Wait for Tony Glazier's (aka Agile) reply. He'll want this topic moved to the CC!

never seen a BBU in a compartment! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back