Gate Valve siezed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got my cold water stop cock free but my gate valve I think its for hot water feed is siezed solid. Tried wd40 but to no avail,
They are both in my airing cupboard, all 22mm. If i cut out and fit another valve how do drain down.
Sorry to a bit dim
Please help

Sponsored Links
Assuming it is the cold feed to the cylinder..........

Tie up ball valve.
Run off cold water at taps to empty tank.
Attach hose to your cylinder drain off point, and open until you feel the pipe is empty. Change valve and refill. :D

Valve should be fitted above the flood level of the cylinder, so you should only need to drain the storage tank

Sponsored Links
If you have tried WD40 & it doesn`t work .don`t panic . Introduce a little heat to the stubborn valve wheel , whatever, do it slowly, it will free, use a pair of grips while you heat it. keep turning , have patience. it will turn... use the right tool.. & away you go, get a blowlamp from local diy store or whatever....

the tank drain down will be in the airing cupboard ? But i must empty my 50 gallon tank as well, all makes sense now... :LOL:

thanks traineegasman
I will try that first & got a blow lamp yep ee!!

Why don't they fit all fittings with stop cocks makes sense to me or is it down to cost.

Cheers :LOL:

thanks traineegasman
I will try that first & got a blow lamp yep ee!!

Why don't they fit all fittings with stop cocks makes sense to me or is it down to cost.

Cheers :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back